Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Kona...


I love to ride. To the point that I decided to sell my perfectly good car and purchase a... Kona Jake the Snake to commute to work. Added on a set of Arkel panniers on an Old Man Mountain rack, started commuting in August 2008, and have never looked back.

She is a beauty. Handles crappy Rome roads (and crazed drivers) with ease. And although I am a Campagnolo man through and through (more on that later!) I cannot complain about the Shimano 105 equipment (the shifting is fine, albeit clunky in comparison to the Campagnolo Chorus kit on my De Rosa). Although the FSA Gossamer crankset is another issue altogether...

I do believe she would look even better with full Centaur kit (yes, the carbon ergopowers would look really, really nice on this Kona!), but that is for another day, when there is a wee bit more cash available for less than necessary upgrades. Now if I could only get a set of Boras past 'the chain'...







1 comment:

  1. that's quite a fancy bike Powerful Pete!

    ReplyDelete